Sunday, November 4, 2012

My New BFF

Okay, I feel pretty silly about writing about this, but I have a new BFF.  It is my new Electrolux Ergorapido Ultra.  I love it.  I have found that new gadgets aren't always what they are cracked up to be....but this one...this one has done exactly what I hoped it would.  You see, I have 3 children....3 wonderful children, but they are messy.  The crumb-factor under the kitchen table is out of this world.  And then I have this fabulous golden retriever, but he is shedding....a lot.  Not just a lot, but he apparently is "blowing" his coat.  Apparently this can be worse some years than others.  In this house we get a lot of afternoon light which is great as my plants are actually growing, but in the afternoon the sun seems to highlight every last crumb and golden hair.  Sweeping does nothing as all the hair and dust go flying just to resettle moments later.  I have one of those Norwex floor dusting mops, which is good for small amounts, but not for the disaster that happens on my floors.   It has been just about enough to drive me a little crazy...okay, a lot crazy.  So, I originally was thinking I wanted to change from my upright Kenmore (which I also love and continue to use on the carpets) to a canister vac....you know a little easier to vacuum the hardwood floors.  But then I was at Costco the other day and came across this little guy.  It's a cordless vacuum for wood floors.  It has an additional handheld "dust buster" style attachment for cars, couches, etc.  It's bagless and holds a decent charge for our needs.  With that said, I would not choose this to be your main vacuum if you have ALL hardwood floors and would want to clean you house from top to bottom.  It's small, easy to use, gets under the table easily to suck up all the hair and crumb clumps.  I use this multiple times a day to keep the mess under control. Oh, sweet little ergorapido....how I love you!

No comments: