Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Bath Tub

I did it.  I created my own bathroom toy storage that I originally found here on Pinterest.  When I first saw this, my first thought was: DUH!  IT's BRILLIANT!  And you know what....it truly is.  For 7 years I have dealt with plastic bins, suction cup holders, buckets, etc and it's always a mess. 
Isn't this beautiful?!
 
The one I originally saw had wire baskets and hooks over the shower curtain bar and it looked really nice, but I was trying to use what I had on hand.  Instead of spending money on the baskets, I just used some of the plastic containers that deli meat comes in....we have a ton of them.  I got out the power drill and drilled in two holes at the back, and three at the bottom toward the slant so the water will drain out.  I almost bought some hooks until I remembered we had some zip ties that would do the job just as well.   
 Here they are in action with the little guy.  Another great thing is there is by far less water on the floor outside of the tub as they kids aren't leaning over the side to grab new toys from the bin.  I'm beyond thrilled with this latest little project!

1 comment:

rjh said...

Yay for Pinterest!