Thursday, October 9, 2014

Fabric

I prepped the fabric today for the rag rugs.  I watched a YouTube video on cutting the fabric on the bias so you don't have strings coming off the strips and the rug wears better.  It was pretty slick and turns out the woman who made the video is in my Scandinavian Weavers group.  Cool!    So, I ended up with a couple of these...pretty, right?
 And getting started with the brown.  I see now I should have gone with a darker warp, but it looks just fine with the lighter warp.  Next time I think I will go from 8 ends per inch down to 6 ends per inch.  I'll use more weft to fill the space and I think the rug will be thicker and squishier.  It's rather thin right now...and I'm thankful I didn't go with the 10 ends per inch that I was originally thinking of doing!  Lots of learning, but lots of fun!
 So, I did a band of pink...
 Then mixed them up every other row....I like that look a lot!
Really, really, REALLY enjoy making rugs!  
For those of you near me, I will gladly take all your old sheet sets and stray fabric you no longer need....I see a lot of rugs being made in the near future....guess what everyone is getting for Christmas???  Haha!

1 comment:

paulanjohn said...

So cool! Love the new look on the blog as well. Such talent!