Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday night? Sew what?

I'm not sure about you, but my tastes have changed when it comes to decorating.  I am beyond done with my house.  Don't get me wrong, it's my home and I love my home, but you know...I'm tired of brown.  My whole house is BROWN.  Cherry furniture, brown couch, tan walls, burgundy/wine drapes and walls, brown towels.....it's beyond boring.  I haven't really been happy with it for a long time and it started 8 years ago when we bought the home and had to furnish/decorate it.  We were on budget extreme so I went with what was affordable and safe....safe basically translates to boring.  So, I've been sorting pictures of home decorating and noting the rooms and colors that I'm drawn to and make me happy....turns out what I am attracted to is NOTHING I have in my house.  For those of you who know me, hold on to your seats, because I just realized I'm drawn to COLOR!  Gasp!  I know.....now, don't start thinking me all crazy or anything.....it doesn't mean I plan on wearing color...I think I just want to live in color.  So, today I decided to start small and make some new pillow covers for our couch pillows.  Dot and I went to Joann's and picked up these two lovelies.  I started when the kids went to bed and a little over 2 hours later I had them all done!  What fun!  It's a Saturday night...I made pillow covers....what did you do?

A little wine always helps with any crafty project.
Colors make me happy!

1 comment: